Welcome back! We are excited to return to a fully in-person program!
As we move from printed and mailed communication to electronic information, we had to redesign many systems and help parents to know where to look. This is our one-stop reference page to find answers related to returning to school.
Please see below for everything (we think) you need to know about returning to school.
- Van Rensselaer Elementary School
- Rensselaer Jr/Sr High School
- COVID-19 Safety precautions, procedures, and expectations.
- SchoolTool (Student information system) Check your students Group, Busing, Schedules and more.
- School Messenger (Direct contact from the school)
- Chromebook Sign-up/Handout
- Go to https://www.myschoolbucks.com to sign up. If you need to sign up, student ID is found in SchoolTool.
- Watch our video and pay for the insurance.
- Chromebooks will be handed out in Homeroom the first day of school, 9/7/2021, for those students whose parents have completed the steps above.
- Dates – If you are unable to sign up online, we will be available on Tuesday, Sep 7th from 5-6:30pm in front of the Auditorium entrance.
We made a major change to Google on 08/30/2021 to protect student privacy. All student email addresses and passwords were changed. This also affects student SchoolTool login, but no change was made to parent SchoolTool accounts.Students will receive their new credentials on the first day of school or you can retrieve them from the full desktop version of SchoolTool (you will not be able to see them on SchoolTool Mobile or on the app). Credentials are located on the “User Defined” tab.
- Laptop Handbook
- School calendar School events will be reflected here. **IMPORTANT**
- First Day of School – September 7
- Please check here before inquiring about event dates.
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- Bus info
- Google Classroom